Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Revisiting Retro Gaming New Years Resolutions:


Perhaps this would have been more appropriate to do on June 1, or June 30th, but now is as good of a time as any to make sure I am on track with my New Years resolutions. Well at least the gaming resolutions, I didn’t right the rest of them down so the heck with them right?

 

#1 Play a Final Fantasy game:

NOT YET

I haven’t done this one yet, but I decided of all the Final Fantasygames, I’m going to buy and play the first one. That’s right the original NES version. Now, I know what you’re saying “what there are so many new and better versions, so why?”. Well, you have to think I’m coming into a series that has been going on for a while, and let’s be honest even though the parts don’t link up you still lose something not starting from the beginning.

 

#2 Finally Finish Super Mario Bros. 3

NOPE

I bought in a lot of new games and systems this year and sitting down to tackle this classic just hasn’t been possible, maybe in the fall.

 

#3 Finish Halo: ODST

NOPE

No to this as well for a reason see #2

 

#4 Get an Atari 5200 & 7800

MISSION COMPLETED

Thank you tax money for helping me add these bad boys to my collection! I wrote articles on both this year as well make sure to check them out.

 

#5 Play StarFoxall the way through

NO AGAIN

See #2 and #3 for the reason

 

#6 Leave my comfort zone and learn how to play both Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter 2.

SORT OF

I have both for the Sega Genesis, plus a copy of MK for the SNES. I have played all three and I can say I am slightly better at Street Fighter 2. Overall I think this one is done but don’t count on me to enter any competitions for either.

 

#7 Find my PS1 and game, and if I can’t buy a new one

COMPLETED

I couldn’t find my PS1 or its games and I am thinking I dumped them about six years ago, but my memory fails me on that. However I do have another PS1, and several games.

 

#8 Attend a retro video gaming convention

NOPE

I was committed elsewhere the weekend of Midwest Gaming Classics, and as far as I know I missed a few other as well.

 

#9 Make my wife learn and enjoy retro video games

SORT OF

My son and I have gotten her to join us a few times but I am nowhere completing this one.

 

#10 Keep writing this blog

I’M HERE AREN’T I!!!

After a brief hiatus in February and March I’ve been pretty consistent getting articles up.

 
Overall, that makes 3 completed items, 2 sort of’s, and 5 uncompleted items. Not bad I guess let’s hope I can get the rest up and running before the end of the year.

2 comments:

  1. What about step 11 - buy the most awesomely great world beater the snk neogeo aes with samurai spirits 4.....mega! oops I done that already!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been looking at the new Neo Geo system, how is it?

    ReplyDelete