Friday, October 18, 2013

Welcome Gamers


The Grand Emperors Classic Post - Originally Published October 18th, 2013




Welcome to my Retro-Video Gaming Blog!! In case you can’t tell by the title I’m not a hardcore gamer mostly because I have a life going on, you know the whole full-time job, long commute, married, kids, scouts and sports on the weekend, taking care of the house kind of thing. When I was younger I was into games hardcore, I was a huge fan of the Command & Conquer franchise, I played The Sims for hours, I love any kind of combat flight sim,and  the Gran Turismo series on Playstation 1 & 2. Truth be told I have been into games of all types on a lot of platforms for a long time, and I remember having nothing but hours of time to sit around playing games on my downtime. Now though not so much, but you know what I don’t entirely mind, because (I know it sounds corny but...) being a family man is an adventure of its own.  



Anyway to get on with it, I’m new to the retro-game movement but at the same time not. I found my old NES in storage about three years ago, came home and plugged it in and started playing. That got back into old schooling it pretty quickly, and got me started on looking for my old Atari 2600 and 5200 in storage but sadly I came up empty. At times I use to feel like kind of an odd ball sitting there playing an this old 8-bit video game system on my big HD TV, with an XBOX 360 connected to the same television, but as it turns out about 6-months ago I found out that what I’m doing isn’t so odd. Turns out that there is a whole movement out there for doing exactly this kind thing, including websites, magazines, podcasts, blogs, YouTube shows, and both internet and brick and mortar stores dedicated to this whole movement. 

Over the past three months I've been digging into it all even harder, and have really immersed myself in the culture to learn what I can regarding retro gaming, and to see what I've missed in the past for systems I had and those I didn't. Of course I haven’t been able to get into as I would like to because, as I said I have life going on but this blog is dedicated to all of you out there who are like me, you love video gaming simply to play but its not your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment